Setting up a native sync between Outlook / Exchange and Yanomo is easy, even if a bit more complex than with Google Calendar. In this article, we'll show you how to first set up a general account connection, and then connect individual users.
To connect your account, you have to
(1) Find your Exchange Web Services (EWS) url.
As an Office 365 user, this is always
If you're not on 365, and have no clue where to get the EWS url, there are two tricks to obtain it:
a) Ask your Exchange Administrator. He or she can use a PowerShell command on the exchange server to find it, by entering Get-WebServicesVirtualDirectory |Select name, *url* | fl
b) Via your own Outlook (2007 and later), as long as it connects with the same EWS Connector.
- Hold the Ctrl key and right click on the Outlook Icon in the system tray
- Select “Test E-mail Auto Configuration” from the menu
- Type in an email address located on the desired Exchange server
- Click Test
(2) Find your Exchange domain (often your email domain, mail.domain.com, or in some cases https://outlook.office365.com). If you have difficulty finding it, use Outlook to go to Tools> Account Settings> Select your Exchange Server> More Settings> Connection Tab> Exchange Proxy Settings.
(3) Enter the values found under step (1) and (2) in Yanomo on the Account > General Settings tab, under "Integrations" all the way down.
Now, any individual user can connect his or her calendar to Outlook.
To do this,
(4) Navigate to My Overview > Time & Calendar page, clicking on the "Calendar Settings" link followed by clicking the "+" sign next to the "Outlook Exchange" header;
(5) After authentication select the appropriate calendars from the available list.